I find it as predictable as the sun rising, when the owner or manager of a business explains to me they have the “perfect” person to take care of the social media I have set up for them. Like clockwork, soon enough, I meet with, or talk to, that “perfect” person, and guess what, they aren’t so keen.
And there is a few reasons why, here’s a few for you to mull over:
The staff member:
– doesn’t want any more work
– barely knows how to do their own Facebook posts, let alone post for your business
– thinks they are already underpaid, and you never appreciate what they do for you already
– thinks social media for business should be left to the professionals
– doesn’t share your enthusiasm for your sales
– wants to work less hours, for more pay, not the other way around
It is without fail, almost every time, that when a client allocates their social media strategies that I custom designed for their business, that the staff member won’t actually implement the strategy, and often not at all.
Although it may have been a great idea for the business to have a custom designed social strategy to completely change their online lead generation, within months it all goes down the drain. Then next year, when they realise their error, and the fact I had forewarned them of this possibility if they used a staff member, and they call me (and they will), I have to start over from scratch. An updated digital strategy, more competition and a higher cost to them.
And to make it worse, it will take longer for them to prosper from my work.
But you try telling them that.
Contact us anytime via our contact page, and let us help you create the ultimate social media strategy for your business!